Thursday, July 19, 2012

Orange Crate Makeover

  I love to take things that started out as something completely different & make them into something else entirely. I think it started when I was a kid & liked to watch Mr. Dressup. (Click on this link if you don't know who I'm talking about. :) ) It was a great Canadian kid's show filled with crafts, drawing, dress up, & pretending games. He would make the greatest crafts out of things that would usually just get thrown away.



Such is the case with this little orange crate that got a makeover...




I painted the sides with yellow craft paint.


Then painted the ends with chalkboard paint.


 It now holds all our card games!

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for more of these orange crates & see if I can make a set of these storage containers. This one turned out so cute!

Only a couple more sleeps until our vacation!! I'm just a little excited. :)

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)

Enjoy your day!



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips