Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Easy Salsa Sloppy Joes

Even though the weather is getting steadily warmer, we've been having the odd rainy day, which, for the time being means that I'm still using my stove & oven on those cool days.

This is a very easy recipe that comes together in about 20 minutes from start to finish. 
I don't know about you, but when it comes to weeknight meals, fast & easy are good in my books!



Easy Salsa Sloppy Joes
serves 8

1 lb. ground beef
1 1/3 cups salsa
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
8 hamburger buns, split

In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the salsa, soup, & brown sugar. Cover & simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.


  Done! How easy is that, right? Serve with your favourite salad & your meal is complete. The last time I made this, I served it with our favourite Chickpea Salad. Perfect for a quick, yummy, child-friendly weeknight meal.

Enjoy your day!




1 comment:

  1. 2yellowbirdsdecorFriday, June 08, 2012

    Oh, those sound so good!!! It looks Amazing too! YUMMY!!! Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips