Tuesday, December 06, 2011

An Easy Christmas Centrepiece

 Today, before I share what I've prepared, I would like to take a minute to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. If you're not familiar with the real reason for Christmas, let me tell you very kindly that it's not about Santa, stockings, or snow (although I'm not opposed to those things). It's about one gift that was so generously given to all of us... Jesus. I know that December 25th isn't necessarily the day that Jesus was born. I know that many of the traditions we've adopted as "Christmas" traditions have pagan roots. 

  The point I'm trying to make is this: December 25th & the days leading up to it is to be a celebration of the coming of the Messiah - The Saviour of the world!

  I like to think of this season as the biggest birthday party of the year! I believe we should put up decorations, sing Christmas songs, & make tasty things to eat. But let us (me included) not forget that it's all about & for Christ.

  As my favourite carol, Joy to the World, says, "Let every heart prepare Him room..." 

  So, let us not just prepare our homes. Let us open our hearts & give room to Jesus... the real reason for the season.

  To read the story of Jesus' birth, click here
~~~

  I'm off to a great start this Christmas season. We finished our Christmas shopping this weekend, I've done most of the gift wrapping (more on that tomorrow - stay tuned!), I've got a good start on the Christmas baking (to see what I've made so far, click herehere, & here.), & the decorating is all done! 

  I'll still enjoy creating Christmas crafts as well as doing some more baking throughout the season. But now I can focus on enjoying it all with family & friends as well as helping out some friends along the way (more on that coming soon too!). 

  In my Christmas decorating this year, I wanted to do something different on my dining room table than I've done for Christmases past. When I was pulling out my decorations, I came across this 3-tiered dish that I inherited from my grandma. I had almost forgotten about it.


All I had to do was add some Christmas ornaments & it was done! 
How fast is that?!

During the day

You could do it with pinecones, candies, or whatever you wanted. So easy!

In the evening with the glowing lights

I hope your Christmas preparations are going well too. 

Enjoy your day!
Linkin' up to these fine parties:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Steph!  I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thank you for posting.... I love your blog.

    Buffie
    http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca @ My Girlish WhimsWednesday, December 07, 2011

    I love the look of this! The silver is great and I love the simplicity with just the Christmas balls, it really looks elegant!

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/12/your-whims-wednesday-36-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you inherited that 3 tier tray!  It's perfect for all occasions!  Love it!

    Thanks for linking up to my party!
    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph, very pretty and as you say, easy - not everything has to be expensive or lots of work to be appealing.  Thanks for sharing.  I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often.  Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also.  Have a wonderful day.  Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips