Monday, October 24, 2011

Thrifty Treasures

  On Friday, I was so blessed to be able to spend the day with my friend, Sarah. After hearing about my day thrifting this summer, she has been excited to go treasure hunting with me. I was her guide for the day. No pressure, right? :)

  We started off at the local thrift stores & we each scored some goodies. I almost bought this coffee table, but it was too long for our space. It would be so lovely all redone.


  Check out this FAB-U-LOUS glass set Sarah snagged: 

Yes, those are silver dots on the glasses. Perfection!

  Yup, she's a quick learner. 

  After getting our feet wet, we moved on to the antique stores. Here are some gems that we loved, but didn't buy. 

Large wooden spools
Vintage looking (but new!) table & chair sets
Row upon row of 3-footed tea cups
A well set from an old soda shoppe.
Most of the wells even had the original labels on them. 

My dear friend, Sarah, in a fabulous blue chair that we found.
Neat sewing chair...
The seat opened up for storage!
Look at this beauty!
Massive dictionary
  Days like these are a feast for the eyes. It's so much fun.

  Here's what I came home with:

  1. Milk glass - 3 pieces total. Goblet, candy dish, & bowl.
  2. Vintage shot glass that I'll use as a candle holder since I don't drink.
  3. A bag of vintage Christmas decorations. Don't they look pretty in the milk glass bowl I bought too?
  4. Vintage spools. I have plans to use these to make some Christmas ornaments. 
  5. The poison dart froggy sponge holder. I've been looking for one of these for a long time. When my kids saw it they were kind of scared & had to inform me of it's proper name. I see some glossy spray paint in this chap's future.
  6. Two maps. The major score of the day for me - and they were only .50 each! I've been looking for some maps to start a project that involves a lamp. 

Stay tuned for the above makeovers! (Hopefully) Coming Soon.

Enjoy your day!
Linkin' Up:

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you ladies had fun, that's my kind of shopping!
    My Mom had one of those vintage table and chairs sets, they are nice!Love your finds! I've been looking and buying all sorts of vintage ornaments too, for a project!Can't wait to see what you do with those spools, and maps!!
    Elysia @ http://mischievouscrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go with you sometime too! Count me in on your next thrifting trip. You have a knack for finding awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips